So for the last few hours of Sprint Day 2, I started trying to get extensions installed and working on my computer. The process was pretty complicated, and I am still not finished, but this is what I have done so far.
To start I had to read some material about python eggs, as a review board extension is a python egg.
Switch to the extensions branch of Djblets and Review Board
1) Go to djblets directory and do “git checkout extensions”
2) “git branch extensions origin/extensions”
3) Go to review board folder and “git checkout origin/extensions”
Install the new djblets and sync Database
4) “sudo ./setup.py develop”
5) Make directory /reviewboard/reviewboard/htdocs/media/ext
6) “./reviewboard/manage.py syncdb”
7) “./reviewboard/manage.py evolve –execute”
8) go to rb-extension-pack, and cd into rbreports
9) “python setup.py develop”
After this, everything should have worked, but I ran into some issues when trying to load up my localhost Review Board page. The solution was to do the following:
10) “git pull origin extensions”
11) “cd /usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages”
12) “sudo rm -rf Djblets-0.6.7-py2.6.egg”
13) go to Djblets folder
14) “sudo python setup.py develop”
15) “./contrib/internal/prepare-dev.py” (in Review Board)
This enabled extensions, but I have many errors in my terminal. Still have to go through those!