- Working on Themes UI – built a simple Themes tab with a bunch of CharFields for editable options
- Figuring out django & python by building a mini-website
- Keep getting the hang of django & python
- Build a custom form that is more appropriate for color-selection (will want an actual color-picker and have it link to the corresponding CharField) -> Label ColorSelector TextField RestoreDefaultButton
- Figure out how to actually implement the themes change (likely using stylesheets)
- Having some trouble posting a review this morning, I believe it is because I pushed to my github fork before post-review?
- Issue 1632… there doesn’t seem to be a clean way to fix this (or at least not one that I can see)
- Other classes (Assignments and Midterms are starting to close in…)
- prepared & presented a presentation about Review Board to staff & students at the U
- read up on Python
- finally figured out what Django is doing with the base/label commands and python’s role in all that
- (discovered that noargs in Django doesn’t mean noargs!)
- initial prototype for the Django Management Command prompt
- Continue to learn python & django a bit more
- Finalize the prototype for the fill-db command
- The cross-over between django & python in the Django management command is very grey, it seems to incorporate some python-related features will be very tricky, haven’t had much luck so far.
- Documentation on django management command is not that great
- Need some guidance from a python-django pro in adding ParseCommand arguments to Django’s seemingly limited implementation of the option_list
- Completed set up of my environment for extensions
- Fixed a bug in extension code and submitted it for review (was then accepted)
- Fixed up some documentation in hooks.py for extensions, submitted this for review
- Started learning extension code, and was able to add a button in the Review area in my local environment.
- Started to learn more about Python
- Continue to learn about Python and get some more direction about my extension
- Learn about the Python and XML framework
- Learn about how to retrieve the review board dif details
- My plan for developing the XMLExport extension, is to first understand how XML works and then start to look into how I can apply it to what the Review Board framework offers. As far as a timeline, I don’t really have enough information to put a firm date on when I will complete the task.
- Need some help in learning about the review board framework
- Working on Quick Search Feature, researching through how it’s going to work, what is needed
- Continuing working with the mentors to figure out the best way to do this
- Reading lots on REST API
- Getting familiar WEBAPI Resource that ReviewBoard has
- Figure out how to implement this and where to start
- Deciding what exactly to search for ex: user name, IDs, review request titles, descriptions etc…
- Lost last weekend to Edmonton and being very ill while I was there. After returning to Vancouver, spent 2 days sick in bed. I’m feeling much better but I had to use the last couple of days to get through the backlog of homework and catching up while I was sick. I should be back in order by Sunday.
- continue learning python & django
- have a quick of look on documents on pygments
- look into spell checking (articles and implements)
- have a draft plan for semester
- make the plan reasonable (what need to do and the timelines)
- start to work on the first task (possibly will be a simple spell check)
- need more knowledge on djbelts/django/python and Reviewboard itself
- lack of knowledge on codebase of rb
- time management for 5 courses as well as rb..(already drop 1..so 4+RB now)
- Looked into the post-commit UI.
- I’m planning on talking to ChipX86 today to see what I will actually be working on because the post-commit UI may not work out with just me now.
- I will be talking to ChipX86 today before I keep working on my project.
- Finding a project to actually get done is tough!