- Wilson is unable to attend this weekend, but everybody else is in attendance.
- Django upgrade: if you’re still having problems, talk to one m_conley/ChipX86/purple_cow or send a general request to the IRC channel.
- request for feedback on comment on the open issue (r/2810)
- brief discussion on the proper placement of select_related, i.e., near the construction of the query, and before the query will be instantiated/executed
- tips for fighting coding burnout
- break up the larger tasks with non-coding tasks or smaller side-tasks with more immediate results
- deconstruct the large task into smaller chunks/milestones with their own immediate/tangible results. nurture a sense of accomplishment and definite progress.
New Student Project Idea: reviewable pasting service
- Busy week, but no roadblocks moving forward
- discussed proper location of admin command. examples provided using find `reviewboard/ -name management -type d`
- question about blog post: high-level idea of the semester so far for an audience that has a passing knowledge of Review Board, refer to other blog posts for examples.
- issue regarding reintroducing a fork from github into a local branch
- had this issue (snippet). fix by installing http://osiris.chipx86.com/temp/django_evolution-0.6.6alpha0-py2.7.egg. If having problems with ViewDoesNotExists and group_members, you may wish to edit ./reviewboard/manage.py, go to the bottom and comment out “include_enabled_extensions(settings)”.
- clarified direction of full-file review
- discussed action log for admin site, selected course of action is to remove the link
- reminder that there may be some reviewed requests that haven’t been updated yet, so check in on any pending requests.