- I went through all kinds of long text fields which may appear in the review page. Sorted out a list of DOM components that needs to be modified.
- In the main while, found out the related view controllers.
- There are fairly many kinds of these fields.
- Matching each of the fields up with the database model is a little bit tricky, since the page is composited with many parts and variable naming changes from database to the template.
- Most view rendering functions are nested (maybe it is not the correct word).
- Use pdb to do some stack trace, to find the right place to add the markdown processing for each field
- Consider about the architecture aspect of adding the Markdown. Maybe its better to setup a separated class to takeover all the Markdown processing jobs.
- Have asked Chris about the double “add comments” in a attachment/diff review.
- No more for now.
- I took a more in depth look into the overall Django environment.
- I’ve researched into how the ReviewBoard system completes its inner-workings.
- Started mapping out some ideas on how to implement my task.
- I’ve set up the initial HTML/CSS mapping for the front-end
- I mapped out and implemented the potential models for the relationships.
- Getting the time to sit down and get things done.
- Just my overall knowledge of Django
- How ReviewBoard is structured, although I’m almost getting it fully.
- I’m going to get some good time in to my goals.
- Addressing the internal connections to get Dependancies operational.
- Address any outlying bugs that evolve from my developments.
- At the moment I’m good, but I know IRC is the place to be, so I’ll ask them there.
- Read more Django documentation
- Worked more on email repo bug (review request #3768) (forgot to commit it though, whoops)
- Set up wordpress account. Username: katkat42
- Not much else done this week since I had to do some catch-up on my other classes
- Nothing yet
- Read more documentation probably
- Look at code in place for review request lists
- Start trying to put something together for reviews list
- Made a prototype version of the extension auto-install module. This will eventually turn into an extension browser with support for installation within the app.
- Hit a roadblock with python’s entry points not being updated. After narrowing down the issue with Christian and Steven, fixed it.
- Ported the prototype code to a proper django app within djblets and the additions are now up for a review request.
- Fix the known issues as listed on the review request.
- Implement the appropriate modules (classes) that will eventually form the backend for the extension browser.
- Start work on the extension browser with a hardcoded mockup of extensions (for now).
- Technically, course does not start for another week, so have been focusing on other things
- I’ve been working a lot on my personal project that counts a lot for
my final year, so not much work done on reviewboard.
- Mainly that I didn’t have enough time this week.
- Hopefully work on the drag and drop of elements in the admin.
- Nope 🙂
- Nothing due to full-time conference.
- Nothing blocking.
- Having a look at issue closing policies.
- Not yet; only the small note that we cannot get credits for this course
at Imperial, which means that I have to attend full four regular uni
courses, so that I will probably not get as much done as the others – I
hope that is ok.