Mentors: Christian, Steven, Anselina, David
Students: Peter, Volodymyr, Raheman, Salam, Matthew
- Get access to the RB Students blog via David
- Hop onto IRC with questions – Don’t wait more than a day!
- Multiple tasking? Make a branch for each review request. Also, be very explicit with review request summaries making it easier to review form the dashboard.
- CSS changes – include screen shots of before and after
- Pseudo code drafted for notifications.
- Need to create hackpad with design docs, UI and architecture
- Focus on a higher level, more time spent planning is less work and mistakes later
- Read through Django models docs
- backbone views – create vs init:
- tutorials/singletons have a create method but most classes don’t need one
- backbone views – $(‘body’) allowed?
- Generally no. When constructing code in the view, create an element that can be passed in by the caller.
- backbone views – How to make template smaller
- Replace modalbox with what you can find in $.fn.modalBox(), you don’t need to create modalbox-bg, modalbox-inner etc from scratch.
- attachment_id = models.IntegerField();attachment_revision = models.IntegerField(); is considered to be bad?
- fileAttachments will have an id of a ForeignKey to the FileAttachmentHistory (allowing null values, so null=True. See DiffSet/DiffSetHistory)
- Updated his hackpad (including awesome video)
- Work on the .less file instead of the .css, .css shouldn’t be committed.
- Break up reviewable changes into separate commits
- passing a file path to the tools
- put the path behind a method/property, generate it at start and can do it lazily later on.