Project Milestone Plan
1 week: add in forms to the theme settings page (have this completed using charFields right now – just need to build the customized forms to swap in)
2 weeks? (I am really not sure about this one): build the color-selector form & the image selector form for the theme settings page
- Color selection component (point and click on a desired color)
- Banner image selector/loader
- Restore defaults for each editable component
- Restore all defaults option
1 week: create a model to store the default theme values and the current values (defaults if there has been no editing) & add them into the theme settings page instead of the CharFields
After that I’m not sure about time, but have a plan on how to actually implement the change in themes:
- Pull out all of the editable values from the commons.css files and create a new .css file called commons_editable.css (should not take long). Also, edit the templates to use this new .css file as well as the commons.css.
- Whenever the themes are changed (and the changes are saved) re-write the editable.css with the new current values from the models
- Will also want to make a validation system for the banner image (should we allow uploading a banner image, or just using a url?) and the color values (the user should be able to just input a hex value instead of being forced to use the color selector).
- Try to break it
- Fix problems and repeat 4-5 until I can’t break it anymore
If there is time for me to take on another small project (or if things go faster than anticipated) I can look into working on one of the extension projects (or something else).